Following a diet is tough. Calorie counting, strict eating plans, most diets can be tough to stick with in the long run. Fortunately, there are many ways to lose weight, one of which is intermittent fasting.
Intermittent fasting meaning
Intermittent fasting (IF) requires you to adhere to a specific schedule that alternates between non-fasting (eating) and voluntary fasting over a period of time. Studies have shown that intermittent fasting has been linked to numerous health benefits, including balancing blood sugar levels, improving heart health and blood sugar levels, and more. The benefits of intermittent fasting can help you become healthier compared to popular diets.
But for those who are not used to fasting, it can be a little tricky. But if you’re determined to give it a try, here are 11 intermittent fasting for weight loss tips that will help you succeed:
1. Choose your method – When it comes to intermittent fasting, there are many methods to choose from. There are the 12/12 method, the 16/8 method, the 5/2 method and the 24 hour method. Of all of these, the 16/8 is the most popular, but you are free to choose which is best for your lifestyle.
2. Start slowly – Once you’ve decided on an IF method, the next step is to start slowly. It may be tempting to jump into your new interval fasting diet plan right away, but it is not advisable. Instead, start slowly. Do two to three days of IF for a week until you are comfortable enough to do it every day of the week.
3. Don’t strive for perfection – This only adds unnecessary pressure on a process that is taking time to get done properly. Set realistic weight loss goals and expectations for achieving them.
4. Drink more water – Hydrate, hydrated, hydrated! Women should drink at least nine cups of water, while men who fast intermittently drink 13 cups. While fasting, you can mistake boredom or thirst for hunger. So have a glass of water first and see how you feel afterwards.
5. Drink caffeine – Good news, coffee and tea are IF friendly! This is good because IF can lead to low energy levels to begin with and these two drinks should help you refuel. However, hold back on cream and sugar as these will break your fast.
6. Eat more filling meals – The food you eat will set your mood for Lent, so make sure you eat something that is good for you. Instead of just eating chicken breasts, eat them with delicious BBQ seasoning and a side dish of potatoes and vegetables. This is not only healthy, but also satisfying and sets a positive tone for the time ahead.
7.Stay busy – Often times, boredom is your enemy and you may be looking for snacks. Instead, keep yourself busy and doing tasks. This should give you the same dopamine release that you get from eating snacks and junk food.
8. Don’t eat – This is very important. If you end up having binge eating, you will end up eating more and making poor food choices. Instead, start with a light meal and when you get hungry afterward, have a light, healthy snack.
9. Practice good health – Unhealthy eating habits make intermittent fasting difficult. Instead of relying on IF to lose weight, switch to better habits and a healthier lifestyle. Get the recommended amount of sleep each night, exercise consistently, and prioritize foods that are filling and energizing.
10. Make sure you eat balanced meals – During times when you are getting food, opt for a hearty balance of protein, fiber, carbohydrates, and healthy fats. These will help you stay full while fasting.
11. Diary! – Keep a food diary. This can help you track your progress and review areas for improvement. You can write down how you are feeling and what your experiences with IF are. It’s also a great way to keep yourself busy while fasting.
Intermittent fasting app
Another thing that can help you stay focused during IF is intermittent fasting apps like DoFasting.
DoFasting is available for both Android and iOS and is easy to use. DoFasting is a subscription-based IF application designed to help you achieve your desired weight loss goal. To get started, just open the app and take a 60-second quiz to determine your weight loss goals. Upon completion, DoFasting will present you with a basic weight loss schedule and invite you to subscribe.
Once you have signed up, your schedule and dietary recommendations will be created based on your profile. It informs you of your meal and fasting times. All you have to do is follow and commit.
Features and prices
Aside from providing quick help, DoFasting also offers other features such as meal suggestions, recipes, and exercise routines. The meal suggestions focus on delicious and healthy options, while the exercise routines strike a good balance between simple and more intense workouts. The app also has articles to help you learn more about intermittent fasting and the health benefits it offers.
The price is very cheap at $ 100 for a year, so you can access all of DoFasting’s features. This includes fasting and eating windows, diet recommendations, training plans, IF articles and a progress tracker. There are also reminders and daily motivations.
Dietary supplements for weight loss
DoFasting also offers weight loss supplements that can suppress your hunger, provide you with vitamins and minerals, and help your body burn fat.
These supplements increase your energy levels, feed healthy gut bacteria, lower bad cholesterol, and help you lose weight faster. The surcharges cost:
- Appetite suppressant DoFasting Box for weight loss ($ 69.99 for a 30 day supply)
- Apple cider vinegar gums ($ 63.99 for a 30 day supply)
- BHB Ketone Boost Weight Loss Supplement ($ 88.88 for a 30 day supply)
You can also get these supplements in packages for additional savings.
Intermittent fasting stands out among all the popular diets today because it is simple, direct and effective. As with any other diet, it takes discipline and commitment to be successful.
Fortunately, apps like DoFasting can help you meet your weight loss goals. Learn more about DoFasting by clicking here.